A persuasive essay is an effective tool whenever you need to provide a new vision of a particular topic for the reader. The main idea is to present a subject in a different way making your audience think of it they have never done before. The assignment is rather prominent when it comes to high-school and college students. It comes with some difficulties from the very start. As a rule, students find it complicated to choose a proper topic. This is where our guideline will come in handy.
Why is it so difficult to choose a Persuasive Essay Topic?
Just like an argumentative essay topics, a persuasive paper requires a decent level of expertise and knowledge of a specific field. Otherwise, you will never be able to support your unique point of view and deliver a set of solid argumentations and evidence. At the same time, the content is supposed to reserve some place for discussion and dispute. For this reason, choosing a proper topic is vital.
Choose Your Persuasive Essay Ideas in our Special Topic Collection
We are well aware of difficulties many students face when it comes to choosing the right topic for a persuasive essay. For this reason, we decided to conduct a list of topics that will put an ease on the writing process. All of them are unique. All you need is to choose the one that reflects your personal interest and acknowledgment.
Top 10 persuasive essay topics for High School
- The global Web was invented to turn people’s lives to better.
- Male and female should have different education programs.
- Modern classrooms do not provide enough facilities to handle the examination.
- A regular examination is necessary for parents to search for children’s drugs.
- Ads should never been implemented in schools.
- Parents are responsible for healthy nutrition of children.
- The government should ban restaurants, which sell soda and coffee drinks to children.
- People under 21 can drink alcohol legally without parent’s consent.
- Fast food should be excluded from school menus.
- Parents must take responsibility for children behaving illegally.
Top 10 persuasive essay topics for College Level
- How to establish the right balance between gender policies.
- Using mobile devices prevents students from concentrating on their text work.
- Education programs should consider iPads as permanent textbooks for students.
- Student’s social media activity should be limited and regulated.
- A border fence is a good solution for immigration challenges.
- Each country should meet single cyber-attack precautions.
- Recycling requires updated law program.
- Colleges need more trusted tools to ensure information security.
- Colleges should ban social network activity while being on the school ground.
- Females require equal sports representation when it comes to wrestling, soccer and other types of sports.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics for University Level
- Individual’s sex orientation should be determined from the childhood.
- Death penalties should be considered as crimes.
- Humans are the only ones guilty of climate changes.
- Government should think of allowing euthanasia.
- What consequences will bring the law that allows adults where weapon?
- Same-sex marriages should be forbidden.
- The path to Israeli-Palestinian conflict resolution.
- Self-defense should be covered by the second amendment.
- We should think of a decent punishment for illegal emigrants committing crimes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuban embargo.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics for Bachelor's Level
- The list of calories should be displayed in every fast food restaurant.
- Current tax system is to the detriment of the middle class.
- “Halfway housing” community should include patients with chronicle diseases.
- There is no place for billboards on highways.
- Psychiatrists need to check the credibility of insanity version for non-guilty patients.
- The program of National Health Security should be protected by the constitution.
- Death row is the only path for child molesters.
- Parent classes are necessary for parents who want to adopt.
- Special classes for teen moms are necessary to encourage them to marry.
- The possibility of UN disbanding.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics for Master's Level
- Telling the truth is always the right way.
- There is no good or evil.
- Sexual desire defines the individual’s behavior.
- The constitution should include selfishness as a human right.
- Engineering artificial intelligence.
- The role of genetics in human’s behavior.
- Selfishness is the same as unhappiness.
- God truly exists.
- Turning to God should be optional for everyone.
- Bad children’s ethics depend on parents instincts.
TOP 10 Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Imagine the world ruled by monkeys. How would it look like?
- The most frightening situations ever happened to Mickey Mouse.
- Why do some people hate country music?
- The most awful poem that ever existed.
- Tips to fake the task and never get punished.
- The mystery of tanning beds on the beach.
- Video games may result in enhanced career.
- Why can’t we resist the temptation to read spam emails.
- Braces let you easier scare a stranger.
- Barbie dolls have a negative effect on the upbringing process.
TOP 10 Mid-Difficulty Persuasive Topics for a Speech or an Essay
- The society does not need educated women anymore.
- Surveillance should be justified by the global society.
- Polygamy is today’s main problem.
- Lesbian mothers result in ore deviant daughters.
- Government should pay children who do chores at home.
- Jury should be removed from the legislation system.
- There is no place for biological weapon in the modern world.
- Torture should receive a permanent ban.
- The policy should ban purchasing contraceptives by children under 16.
- Each parent should be licensed and certified to have children.
TOP 10 Difficult Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Next generations should live on the moon.
- Military interaction as the way to handle international conflicts.
- Grades should be considered as offensive issue within the child’s learning system.
- Families need to work out a survival plan in case of natural disasters.
- Families need to work out a survival plan in case of financial problems.
- Parents should explain children the harmful consequences of taking drugs.
- Parents should explain children the harmful consequences of drinking alcohol.
- Parents should explain children the harmful consequences of smoking.
- Parents should explain children the harmful consequences of fast food.
- Cats are more important pets ten turtles.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics about Music
- Rap is the music of violence.
- Most people do not like country music.
- Jazz is an extinct music genre.
- Punk rock witnesses new revival.
- Hard rock has a bad influence on people’s behavior.
- Plants grow faster when the classical music is on.
- Classic music is more relaxing than chill out.
- Pop music is witnessing tough transformation.
- Indie pop has reached top charts.
- Rap is not for white people.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics about Science
- Stephen Hawking is the best scientist ever.
- Albert Einstein was right.
- The speed of light does not exist.
- New generations will live on the moon.
- The Big Bang Theory should be included in school programs.
- Physicists are more scientist than linguists are.
- The moon can influence people’s behavior.
- The water boils at 100 degrees.
- Davin’s theory is nonsense.
- The theory of black holes is yet unclear.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- How many languages should children learn at early ages?
- Is a younger age a good idea for children to enter schools?
- Do students need a relief when it comes to homework?
- Are online writing services a good idea?
- Teachers should complete annual tests to get a license.
- Lessons need to be shortened.
- The school day should start later and end up earlier.
- Parents need to play a more active role in their children’s education.
- Teachers hardly deserve such long vacations.
- Good attendance record should be a reason for student’s rewards.
Persuasive Argument Topics
- All immigrants must learn English.
- Circuses must be prohibited from using animals.
- We should tax churches like any other business.
- Physical Education should not be a compulsory subject.
- We should introduce stricter gun laws.
- Alternative energy is the only way to go in the future.
- Internet access should be made free for every person on the planet.
- Internet access should be made free for every person on the planet.
- Climate change is caused exclusively by humans.
- Social network use is harmful for younger generations.
- Absolutely good people do not exist.
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- The dangerous side of camping.
- Playing video games can improve your IQ.
- Every grown-up is still partly a child.
- It’s difficult to spot sarcasm on the internet.
- Without bad decisions, we won’t have any stories to tell.
- How to correctly blame someone for your own mistake.
- Being an adult is much tougher than I imagined.
- We should lower the legal drinking age.
- It’s ok to interrupt someone as long as you have something interesting to say.
- Most vegetarians aren’t really concerned about animals.
Persuasive Letter Topics
- Birth control should be distributed at school.
- Everyone should be able to pick their teacher.
- Overweight passengers should pay for two plane tickets.
- Fast food should be banned from school cafeterias.
- We should teach our children all religions.
- Voting age should be lowered to 15.
- We should allow athletes to use any doping they want.
- People should use public transportation instead of cars.
- 9pm curfew is necessary for teenagers.
- Living in a city is better than living in a country.
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
- The moral side of cloning animals.
- Energy drinks should be illegal until 21 years old.
- A happy relationship is impossible without conflicts.
- Overpopulation is the biggest threat for our planet.
- New fathers should get as much parental leave as new mothers.
- Genetically modified food is absolutely safe for humans.
- Medical insurance should be universally available.
- All internships should be paid.
- Credit cards are bad for people’s personal finances.
- Corporate dress-code should be less restricted.
Bonus: 6 Excellent persuasive essay topics you may write about:
- We need a free higher education for every resident.
- Students need more practical subjects to learn how to use different things.
- Exams and testing must be abolished.
- Teachers should take a full responsibility of student’s poor results.
- Schools should punish students more heavily for missing classes.
- Should the government legalize weapon in schools?
As you can see, finding a proper topic is not as easy as it may seem. All you need is to choose the field you are good at. If you study science, you are supposed to select a relevant topic. Hopefully, you can always check our list for an endless selection of great persuasive essay topics to hit the highest grade for your work. In our blog, we described how to write a 1000 word essay and many other detailed student guides, including other essay topics.