250+ Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Most people want to know what a persuasive essay is. Before we describe several categories of persuasive essays, it is good to know that it is a type of academic writing that extensively gives details of a particular problem and aims to convince the reader of the writer’s opinion.
A persuasive essay is an effective tool whenever you need to provide the reader with a new vision of a particular topic. The main idea is to present a subject in a different way, making your audience think of it in a way they have never done before. The assignment is rather prominent when it comes to high school and college students. It comes with some difficulties from the very start. As a rule, students find it complicated to choose a proper topic. This is where our guidelines will come in handy.
Why is it so difficult to choose a Persuasive Essay Topic?
Just like argumentative essay topics, a persuasive paper requires a decent level of expertise and knowledge of a specific field. Otherwise, you will never be able to support your unique point of view and deliver a set of solid arguments and evidence. At the same time, the content is supposed to reserve some place for discussion and dispute. For this reason, choosing a proper topic is vital.
Choose Your Persuasive Essay Ideas in our Special Topic Collection
We are well aware of the difficulties many students face when it comes to choosing the right topic for a persuasive essay. For this reason, we decided to conduct a list of topics that will put an ease on the writing process. All of them are unique. All you need is to choose the one that reflects your personal interest and acknowledgment.
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- The global Web was invented to turn people’s lives for the better.
- Males and females should have different education programs.
- Modern classrooms do not provide enough facilities to handle the examination.
- A regular examination is necessary for parents to search for children’s drugs.
- Ads should never be implemented in schools.
- Parents are responsible for the healthy nutrition of children.
- The government should ban restaurants that sell soda and coffee drinks to children.
- Fast food should be excluded from school menus.
- Parents must take responsibility for children behaving illegally.
- The winning aspect of kindness
- Listening to music helps in doing your homework more efficiently
- Honesty is an important trait in life
- Young people and their decision to join the army
- Surviving a major disaster helps one value life more
- Embarrassing moments that ought to be forgotten
- The dress code for a successful person
- The importance of time management
- Association of hobbies to building careers
- The value of life: keep on pushing your limits
College Persuasive Essay Topics
- College networks and their blocking of inappropriate materials
- The issue of identity theft among the elderly
- The law should enforce recycling
- Cyber-attacks are great weapons to have in a country
- Social media should be banned while on school property
- Domestic terrorism is a normal issue in America
- Be careful with what you post on social media
- Textbooks are inappropriate; tablets should replace them
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- The pros and cons of all year-round schooling
- Making sports compulsory in schools
- Giving a large allowance to kids
- Giving chores to children
- The pros and cons of summer classes
- Destination countries for a vacation
- More reasons to commit to summer schools
- Change of school meals for healthy living
- Limiting a child’s time for watching TV
- The role of school newspaper and radio in a student’s life
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics for University-Level
- An individual’s sex orientation should be determined from childhood.
- Death penalties should be considered as crimes.
- Humans are the only ones guilty of climate change.
- The government should think of allowing euthanasia.
- What consequences will bring the law that allows adults to wear weapons?
- Same-sex marriages should be forbidden.
- The path to Israeli-Palestinian conflict resolution.
- Self-defense should be covered by the second amendment.
- We should think of a decent punishment for illegal immigrants committing crimes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuban embargo.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics for Bachelor's Level
- The list of calories should be displayed in every fast-food restaurant.
- The current tax system is to the detriment of the middle class.
- The “Halfway housing” community should include patients with chronic diseases.
- There is no place for billboards on highways.
- Psychiatrists need to check the credibility of the insanity version for non-guilty patients.
- The program of National Health Security should be protected by the constitution.
- Death row is the only path for child molesters.
- Parent classes are necessary for parents who want to adopt.
- Special classes for teen moms are necessary to encourage them to marry.
- The possibility of UN disbanding.
Don't have time to finish?
Try to write an academic paper with us
Free revision policy
Free bibliography & reference
Free title page
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics for Master's Level
- Telling the truth is always the right way.
- There is no good or evil.
- Sexual desire defines the individual’s behavior.
- The constitution should include selfishness as a human right.
- Engineering artificial intelligence.
- The role of genetics in human behavior.
- Selfishness is the same as unhappiness.
- God truly exists.
- Turning to God should be optional for everyone.
- Bad children’s ethics depend on parents' instincts.
TOP 20 Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Imagine a world ruled by monkeys. What would it look like?
- The most frightening situation ever happened to Mickey Mouse.
- Why do some people hate country music?
- The most awful poem that ever existed.
- Tips to fake the task and never get punished.
- The mystery of tanning beds on the beach.
- Video games may result in an enhanced career.
- Why can’t we resist the temptation to read spam emails?
- Braces let you scare a stranger.
- Barbie dolls have a negative effect on the upbringing process.
- The best TV show ever aired
- Having too many friends is hectic
- Families and spending time together
- Immorality in eating animals and birds
- Parents and guiding their children in life
- The pros of being a young sibling
- Dating and meeting the person you love
- What defines true friendship?
- Reasons to learn more than one language
- The most respected historical figure
29 Great Persuasive Topics for Speeches
- The society does not need educated women anymore.
- Surveillance should be justified by the global society.
- Polygamy is today’s main problem.
- Lesbian mothers result in more deviant daughters.
- The government should pay children who do chores at home.
- Jurys should be removed from the legislative system.
- There is no place for biological weapons in the modern world.
- Torture should receive a permanent ban.
- The policy should ban purchasing contraceptives by children under 16.
- Each parent should be licensed and certified to have children.
- The next generations should live on the moon.
- Military interaction as the way to handle international conflicts.
- Grades should be considered as offensive issues within the child’s learning system.
- Families need to work out a survival plan in case of natural disasters.
- Families need to work out a survival plan in case of financial problems.
- Parents should explain to children the harmful consequences of taking drugs.
- Parents should explain to children the harmful consequences of drinking alcohol.
- Parents should explain to children the harmful consequences of smoking.
- Parents should explain to children the harmful consequences of fast food.
- Cats are more important pets than turtles.
- How the internet has changed our lives
- Breastfeeding in public places should be allowed
- Illegal actions by children should be lawfully paid for by their parents
- Single-sex classes should be introduced in schools
- Parental consent should be given to people under 21 years before they drink
- Soda should be banned from sale to children while in restaurants
- The sale of French fries should be prohibited in school cafeterias
- Schools should not associate with advertisements for financial benefits
- Responsibility of a parent in providing healthcare
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics about Music
- Rap is the music of violence.
- Most people do not like country music.
- Jazz is an extinct music genre.
- Punk rock witnesses a new revival.
- Hard rock has a bad influence on people’s behavior.
- Plants grow faster when the classical music is on.
- Classic music is more relaxing than chill out.
- Pop music is witnessing tough transformation.
- Indie pop has reached the top charts.
- Rap is not for white people.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics about Science
- Stephen Hawking is the best scientist ever.
- Albert Einstein was right.
- The speed of light does not exist.
- New generations will live on the moon.
- The Big Bang Theory should be included in school programs.
- Physicists are more scientists than linguists are.
- The moon can influence people’s behavior.
- The water boils at 100 degrees.
- Davin’s theory is nonsense.
- The theory of black holes is yet unclear.
TOP 10 Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- How many languages should children learn at an early age?
- Is a younger age a good idea for children to enter schools?
- Do students need relief when it comes to homework?
- Are online writing services a good idea?
- Teachers should complete annual tests to get a license.
- Lessons need to be shortened.
- The school day should start later and end earlier.
- Parents need to play a more active role in their children’s education.
- Teachers hardly deserve such long vacations.
- Good attendance records should be a reason for student’s rewards.
Persuasive Argument Topics
- Smoking should be banned forever
- Creativity should be taught in school
- Child behavior and association with the change in generations
- The issues surrounding the modern community
- Immorality within modern society
- Access to condoms is not a surety for not getting pregnant early
- The government should intervene on diet issues within the community
- Restrictions aimed at members of Congress
- Should the CEO get those high wages?
- Marketing should be limited when it comes to kids
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- The dangerous side of camping.
- Playing video games can improve your IQ.
- Every grown-up is still partly a child.
- It’s difficult to spot sarcasm on the internet.
- Without bad decisions, we won’t have any stories to tell.
- How to correctly blame someone for your own mistake.
- Being an adult is much tougher than I imagined.
- We should lower the legal drinking age.
- It’s okay to interrupt someone as long as you have something interesting to say.
- Most vegetarians aren’t really concerned about animals.
- Faking being the non-sporty girlfriend.
- Why Mickey Mouse frightens kids.
- Why the lead character in movies never die.
- You can change your life with just a single play with Barbie.
- Braces are the best weapon for scaring strangers.
- How to look busy when you have nothing to do.
- What if cats were our rulers?
- Why I hate parody movies.
- Tanning booths on beaches? Is it necessary?
- Your PlayStation gaming skills can land you a career job.
Don't have time to finish?
Try to write an academic paper with us
Free revision policy
Free bibliography & reference
Free title page
Persuasive Letter Topics
- Birth control should be distributed at school.
- Everyone should be able to pick their teacher.
- Overweight passengers should pay for two plane tickets.
- Fast food should be banned from school cafeterias.
- We should teach our children all religions.
- Voting age should be lowered to 15.
- We should allow athletes to use any doping they want.
- People should use public transportation instead of cars.
- 9 pm curfew is necessary for teenagers.
- Living in a city is better than living in a country.
- The problem of littering on school campuses.
- The advantages of 75 hours of community service to students.
- The importance of creating a new highway exit.
- Grade scale change for better grades.
- Bilingual education.
- Computers and the importance of learning how to use one.
- Improving your grades in school.
- Censorship and the need to implement it on TV programs.
- Inspection and the importance of maintaining the integrity.
- Field trip and practical learning.
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
- The moral side of cloning animals.
- Energy drinks should be illegal until 21 years old.
- A happy relationship is impossible without conflicts.
- Overpopulation is the biggest threat to our planet.
- New fathers should get as much parental leave as new mothers.
- Genetically modified food is absolutely safe for humans.
- Medical insurance should be universally available.
- All internships should be paid.
- Credit cards are bad for people’s personal finances.
- The corporate dress code should be less restricted.
- Online bullying is real.
- The rudeness in young people today.
- Censorship of the Internet is effective.
- The impact of violence in gaming and movies.
- The origin of trendy stuff.
- Responsibility for taking care of homeless dogs.
- The importance of inline privacy.
- Facts about fast food meals.
- The effect of global warming.
- Space exploration is a waste of funding.
Persuasive Presentation Topics
- Technology and its influence on lack of employment
- Is net neutrality good or bad?
- Should boxing be made illegal?
- The need to pay college athletes
- Is human cloning an endorsement we should accept?
- Is public prayer good or bad around schools?
- Should assisted suicide be legal?
- Should the President be allowed to serve more than two terms?
- Should assault weapons be illegal?
- Should students who bully others be expelled?
5 Paragraph Persuasive Essay Topics
- A security camera invades personal space
- School vaccinations should be made mandatory
- Should teenagers be sentenced as adults?
- What are the risks of numerous extreme sports? Should the involved athletes quit the sport?
- Use of drugs to condition circus animals should be made illegal
- College education should be made free for all students
- What advantages exist in revising and altering the welfare system
- Corporal punishment is not efficient for young teenagers
- Some existing laws endorse gender discrimination
- The penalties for racial discrimination in the United States
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Polygamy should not be legalized
- A judge has the power to make a tough decision
- Gay couples should not be allowed to adopt a child
- Advantages & disadvantages of atomic bombs
- Torment is obliging, in effect cross-examination apparatus for the most severe crimes
- It is appropriate to discard the prearranged religion
- The importance of using stem cells
- Is it okay to purchase music from RIAA labels?
- Legalizing marijuana is beneficial to everyone
- The qualities of genetically modified organisms
TOP 17 Excellent Persuasive Essay Topics to Write About
- We need a free higher education for every resident.
- Students need more practical subjects to learn how to use different things.
- Exams and testing must be abolished.
- Teachers should take full responsibility for student’s poor results.
- Schools should punish students more heavily for missing classes.
- Should the government legalize weapons in schools?
- The USA needs to create homes on the moon and run their own government
- Men should have their own implant contraceptive
- Cats are the best pets to have around
- Religion freedom is not available worldwide
- Parental advice to children against drugs
- Learning survival tactics is essential in a time of disasters
- Abolishing grades and adopting continued learning
- Paying children for their home chores
- Dealing with illegal immigrants
- Humans and their contribution to climate change
- Penalties for pollution
Find Out More Ideas & Topics
As you can see, finding a proper topic is not as easy as it may seem. All you need is to choose the field you are good at. If you study science, you are supposed to select a relevant topic. Hopefully, you can always check our list for an endless selection of great persuasive essay topics to hit the highest grade for your work. In our blog, we described how to write a 1000 word essay and many other detailed student guides, including other essay topics.